The person who interacts directly with the customer determines whether that customer perceives that they are receiving poor or excellent customer service. As a debt collector you are interacting directly with your organisation’s customers and have the power to affect their perceptions. In order to influence customers’ perceptions positively and to achieve excellent debt collection results, you should have certain qualities.
- Understand the importance of customer service in a debt collection environment
- Understand the competencies required of a debt collector
- Apply techniques to control a debtor’s call effectively
- Deal with different customer types
- Apply ethical debt collection practices