We have all experienced times in our lives when we lacked the skills we needed to communicate honestly and empathically with others. At times we have all been aggressive, judgemental and hypercritical, or even passive, apathetic and defensive. In this workshop we wish to look at and discover what conflict is, how we react to it and how we can work with conflict in a constructive manner.
- Understand the role of conflict in interpersonal relationships
- Understand the stages of conflict
- Understand your own conflict management style
- Manage interpersonal conflict more effectively
- Understand the essence of conflict and why it happens
- Understand the reasons why we suppress conflict
- Assist others to handle conflict by being an effective third party