One of our clients, a well-known Retailer in Brackenfell, currently has a vacancy for a Regulatory and Compliance Officer.
To ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements within the food industry are met at all times. To work closely with the Buying and Design teams to launch new products within reasonable time limits. To act as a liaison with Government and key role players in the Food Industry.
- Responsible for accurate assessments of packaging for proposed new products
- Provide correct regulatory guidance to New Product Development on private label products being developed in-house
- Keep up to date with current and proposed draft legislation
- Provide clear written reports where required
- Liaison with Government bodies such as NRCS, Department of Agriculture and Department of Health
- Liaison with suppliers regarding Quality Assurance
- Grade 12
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification (Food and Consumer Science) or relevant qualification
- Knowledge of and experience in the FMCG industry, basic science and regulatory exposure will be essential
- At least 2 – 3 years relevant experience in the food industry will be essential
- Good knowledge of all relevant South African labelling regulations across a wide range of products will be essential
- Ability to understand and use product specifications
- Ability to assess labels applying all applicable regulations in a timeous manner
- Highly Computer Literate (MS Office core applications will be advantageous)
- Must have own driver’s license
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Must be able to work with people
- Following instructions and procedures
- Excellent Planning and Organising skills
- Adapting and responding to change
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Adhering to principles and values
- Relating and Networking
- Achieving personal work goals and objects
- Must be assertive
- Must be able to perform under pressure
If you are meet the minimum requirements, please forward your CV to email@example.com.
Should you not hear from us within two weeks after the closing date, please consider you application as unsuccessful.
Closing date: 14 November 2018