One of our clients, the world’s largest medical and travel security firm, currently have a vacancy available for a Strategic Sourcing Director, based in Dubai.
Lead the development and implementation of strategic sourcing strategies from stakeholder needs analysis to supplier management.
- Introduce and manage alternative sourcing methodologies with a keen focus on product innovation and cost savings which are needed to support the sales efforts of major projects and government services.
- Conduct extensive market research, internal needs assessments and business analysis to identify cost saving and product innovation opportunities that will enhance the global product offering.
- This is a high-visibility role requiring partnership and collaboration with other business units, finance, pricing, product marketing and sales functions across a varied cross –matrix organisation to win new business or retain existing business.
- Postgraduate qualification in Business or Management Sciences preferred
- An excellent standard of written and spoken English, other languages will be a distinct advantage
- Must have a solid understanding of strategic sourcing business practices with strong negotiations and influencing skills
- Must have knowledge and experience sourcing for supply to and from developing countries
- Must have strong IT skills and experience with MS Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Must have a successful track record of strategic sourcing to support business growth and product development
- Must have broad consulting experience from MBA level with a top-tier management consulting firm or in-house project-based consulting experience plus a proven experience in strategic or global sourcing
- Background in medical equipment device or pharmaceutical sectors; past exposure to contract negotiation and drafting to support global purchasing will be beneficial
- Must have experience in strategic sourcing including developing strategies as well as a tactical level support
- Must have the ability to work in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment where consensus is the norm
- Must have past successful experience in working in regional/functional matrix organisation
- Must have work exposure in an international environment as well as a successful track record in working across cultures
- Understanding of B-to-B dynamics and requirements
- Up to 30% global travel will be required
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Must be result focused
- Must have excellent planning and organisation skill
- Must be adaptable and flexible
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Must have excellent time management and project management skills
- Must have excellent presentation skills
- Drive alternative sourcing strategies for the division to complement existing sourcing structure within the business unit.
- Develop and manage a network of strategic sourcing partners that can be accessed when needed; includes identifying and auditing suppliers, negotiating contracts and monitoring their performance.
- Assume a leading role in the acquisition of new business opportunities by reviewing product mix opportunities and sourcing methodologies that are needed to meet target pricing while maximising gross margin for the Company.
- Manage and develop basic to complex sourcing models to support pricing of new services or products across a variety of geographical markets and industry verticals to support the needs of standard and non-standard pricing request across the Company.
- Participate in benchmarking activities to ensure product offerings are competitive against other suppliers in like conditions.
- Review and analyse actual costs of goods by location with a goal to consolidate purchasing where possible to maximise profits.
- Review gross margins of all products in coordination with the Pricing and Finance functions and introduce alternative sourcing strategies to improve gross margins.
- Work as a key member of the Operations team to identify, develop and evaluate sourcing strategy based on established objects, market characteristics and cost/market-up factors.
- Provide thought leadership for sourcing strategies for the Company to expand market opportunities to support the worldwide product strategy.
- Preparation of standard and ad hoc reports as and when agreed required.
If you meet the minimum requirements please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Closing date: 15 December 2017