Western Cape: Epping
One of our Clients, a leading South African manufacturer, currently has a vacancy available for an Electrician. They are based in Epping.
The Electrician will form part of the company maintenance team and will be responsible for the electrical fault finding and maintenance on all the plant equipment. Maintaining equipment availability and performance to prevent or minimise disruptions thereby remaining in line with optimal production efficiency. Ability to attend to multiple projects and work with a constant awareness of process improvement and reliable plant performance. In addition, assist with the company quality standards and help achieve the company’s mission and goals.
- Qualified Red Seal Electrician
- Wireman’s license (advantage)
- Computer literate – MS Office
- Willing to work in extreme cold conditions, confined spaces and heights
- Willing to perform physically demanding tasks, digging, moving and lifting heavy objects
- Able to take the responsibility for all electrical requirements of the plant and its equipment
- Have an understanding and practical ability to work on mechanical aspects of machinery and a willingness to learn about the full functioning of the plant
- Ability to read both electrical and mechanical drawings
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport
- Provide input to the department schedule for maintenance and repairs
- Conduct diligence inspections
- Document job requirements for maintenance and repairs
- Perform maintenance and repair tasks on electrical components, circuits, parts of equipment, electrical motors and plant machinery
- Attend to equipment breakdowns swiftly and effectively
- Apply root cause analysis principles in order to assess and document reasons for breakdown
- PLC fault finding, diagnostic and maintenance
- Ensure that your department has the necessary tools and equipment for efficient performance
- Assist with building maintenance assessments and repairs
- Ensure all electrical installations are compliant to regulations
- Ensure adherence to health and safety, environmental, food safety and quality as well as housekeeping standards in line with company legislative and industry requirements.
- Any other duties which management may reasonably assign
- Continuous improvement focus
- Problem solving abilities
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Drives for results
- Teamwork and cooperation
If you meet the minimum requirements please submit your CV to us.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date: 12 February 2021