Western Cape – Epping
One of our Clients, a leading South African packaging/corrugating group, currently has a vacancy available for an Electrician. They are based in Epping.
To provide electrical maintenance and engineering services ensuring optimum plant and equipment availability according to recognised technical requirements and standards. Manufacturing and repairing electrical components according to specific technical specifications related to electrification.
- Grade 12
- Qualified trade tested as an Electrician
- Wireman’s license
- Must have at least 2 years post apprenticeship experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work independently where required
- Ability to work shifts as required
- Knowledge and experience about legislation related to electrical isolation and safety
- Technical understanding of systems, from concept to reality related to industrial and systems electrification
- Perform specialised technical duties in the operation on plant and equipment related to; fabricate, maintain, service, overhaul, repair, construct, install, dismantle, fit. This will include; manufacturing circuits according to drawings and specifications, overhauling and/or servicing of electrical motors,
- Perform diagnostic duties by executing actions related to; test, inspect, troubleshoot and fault find, check, measure, record, etc. to achieve outcomes such as reducing downtime, minimize breakdowns, improving availability of electrical driven components of plant and equipment. Inspections on electrical systems, testing of insulation and electrical installations, plant inspections and reporting, etc
- Record technical data on completed work for use in planning system
- Perform maintenance and repair tasks on electrical components, circuits, parts of equipment, etc., in a safe manner according to operating procedures and policy
- Perform and execute preventative maintenance duties
- Cost awareness
- Continuous improvement focus
- Managing risk
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Drives for results
- Change management
- Customer focus
- Communicating with influence.
- Teamwork and cooperation
If you meet the minimum requirements, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date: 15 January 2021We are no longer accepting applications for this ad. Contact us for more details.