Western Cape: Stellenbosch
One of our clients, a well-known Cape Dutch wine farm in Stellenbosch, currently has a vacancy for a Garden Manager, they are looking for a passionate person to head the garden team.
- Garden/farm equipment maintenance
- Personnel management and development
- Management of a production unit
- Management of fertilising and pest control programs
- Irrigation scheduling, implementation and maintenance
- Management and implementation of new projects
- Budget management
- Relevant academic qualifications
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in horticulture/agriculture field
- Skills to manage a team of 60 people, divided into various disciplines
- Enthusiasm to provide the best visitor experience in South Africa
- Experience in managing a successful garden or agricultural operation at the highest level
- Adequate computer skills
- Knowledge of fruit and vegetable production
- Knowledge of irrigation systems and drainage
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Take ownership
- Ability to motivate and manage a team
- Excellent planning and organising skills
If you meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV.
Should you not hear from us within 10 days after the closing date, please consider you application as unsuccessful.
Closing date: 12 February 2021
We are no longer accepting applications for this ad. Contact us for more details.