A leading manufacturer, is seeking for a qualified and experienced General Manager to manage a dynamic team.
The candidate will be positioned in Gouda. The GM would work closely with the CEO in the execution of approved strategic plan and appointing the correct teams to execute on approved business plans and ensure measured performance indicators and reporting dashboards.
- Minimum of a University Batchelors degree and registered CA (SA)
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a General Manager within the Food manufacturing environment
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills
- Accountability and Trust
- Team player
- A member of the Company Executive Committee and Board;
- Report directly to the CEO
- Responsible for the complete Commercial functioning of the Financial and Sales and Marketing teams.
- Staff management, coaching, motivation and mentoring
- Establish and Manage KPI’s and key job specifications for the teams and create the necessary Dashboards to continuously measure and report.
- As a member of the Executive Committee you are responsible to manage, develop and grow the business in order to optimize long term shareholder wealth in accordance with the approved strategic plans and budgets;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Directors to identify the company needs and seek a full range of business solutions, providing accurate and relevant advice;
- Contribute as executive member to the formulation of the strategy and the subsequent implementation of the strategy;
- Develop and evaluate short and long-term strategic financial objectives for the company, in line with overall business strategy;
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of raw material procurement price trends, forex cover policy and planning, strategies and regulatory action;
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities;
- Guidance in identifying key growth markets for company products.
- Responsible for building effective strategic relationships with key suppliers and clients to ensure sustainability.
- Cash Flow: oversee management of Company Cash Flow Planning, Authorisation and implementing a system for loading of EFT payments. Approvals framework levels for management.
- Accounting: Oversee the effective management of the accounting system (Evolution) and admin staff, assistance to commercial/financial manager in preparing monthly trial balances.
- Oversee preparation of accurate and timeous monthly management accounts for Board.
- Oversee Preparation of Annual Financial Statements
- Liaison with auditors, member of audit committee.
- Technical inputs and guidance for commercial manager and team to ensure good corporate governance.
- Oversee Submission of tax returns, statutory returns
- Technical inputs and guidance on current financial control systems, reporting dashboards and ERP systems in the company
- Technical inputs and guidance on IT&C systems.
- Evaluation and inputs on current ERP system. Effectively cascading these systems down to all senior management staff to ensure achievement of financial objectives;
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the company, ensuring monthly Management Accounts are on time (25th of each month) and details communicated to divisional management to facilitate proactive actions;
- Direct and oversee the annual budget process which culminates in the presentation of the budget to the board for approval;
- Direct and oversee the management of processes for financial forecasting, consolidation and reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis; All Statutory and SARS requirements.
- Direct and implement Dashboards for Providing timely and accurate analyses of budgets, financial trends and forecasts;
- Implement and maintain forex cover and reporting on forex cover according to approved forex policy to achieve maximum forex profit.
- Implementing Good governance in all financial systems.
Sales & Marketing Management
- Assume line management responsibility for the marketing and sales division.
- Commercial support for the Sales and Marketing team.
- Measure and manage key performance of the Marketing team in line with Budget and KPI’s.
- Oversee that focus actions is in line with strategy and budget to optimise performance for each client category in our pyramid.
Costing & Resource Efficiency Management
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of profitability and Price points for each product as well as production costs (kg/man hour) targets, standard costs, Man maps per production line and conversion efficiency’s on raw materials.
- Oversee implementation of system to measure and manage overtime on approved basis only.
- Oversee and evaluate stock keeping system. To optimise stock levels and manage minimum stock levels and slow-moving stock to ensure optimum production efficiency.
- Monitoring of monthly stock variances and ERP system variances correcting and adjusting root causes.
- Oversee the implementation of reporting dashboards on each product line’s profitability and make key focus areas for savings known to managers
Working Capital Management
- Effective management and implementation of sound practices to optimise the company working capital and cash resources;
- Oversee Cash flow forecasting in order to ensure that the liquidity levels of the company are maintained;
- Implement measures to rectify liquidity level based of cash flow forecast;
- Oversee Annual renegotiation of banking facilities with corporate bankers.
- Assist in Negotiation of new facilities with corporate bankers.
- Negotiate production/bridging finance with financiers.
- Manage and minimise the company’s financial risk exposure by developing and maintaining systems of internal controls and ensure that risk management functions are operating effectively;
- Managing and monitoring the forex exposure and risk of the company by utilising FEC contracts;
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of the short, long term, public liability, Product liability and Re-Call insurance.
- Ensuring that systems are in place to mitigate credit risk for all clients.
- Ensure compliance across the company with corporate governance requirements and applicable local and international regulatory framework and rules for financial and tax reporting, acting where non-compliance is identified;
- Enforce the Delegation of Authority and accountability in the day to day activities of the company.
- Building and maintaining relationships with auditors, lawyers, regulatory bodies governing the Food industry, and other specialists operating in the Food industry;
- Oversee year-end audit and liaising with auditors to ensure planning of the audit is in line with corporate IFRS reporting requirements and deadlines;
- Reviewing monthly VAT returns, income tax returns and payroll returns;
- Ensure that the annual tax clearance certificate is renewed;
- Ensure the statutory compliance of the Company i.e.:
- Ensure accuracy of audited financial statements and audit file for external auditors.
- Ensure the tax compliance and that the tax matters of the company are in good standing.
Human Resource Management
- Ensuring that the monthly payroll is done accurately and timeously; Addressing all possible fraud risks with the necessary systems and checks
- Assisting the Human Resource manager with financial inputs and guidance on correct and effective appointments.
- Oversee the management of the capital budget of the Company;
- Ensure capital allocation is in line with approved budget and necessary control systems.
- Direct and give inputs to ensure effective dash board reports and that it is maintained on regular intervals.
If you meet the minimum requirements, please forward a comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not receive any correspondence within two weeks, we regret your application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date: 22 May 2020We are no longer accepting applications for this ad.