Note: the individual will be based in the UK for 6 months then travel back to SA for 2 weeks and go up again for 6 months. This will be the process for the next 24 months until the Leo group has a Tier 2 visa application process in place which could then mean the individual will work in the UK for 5 years or longer.
- We are looking for Engineers that are hands on and ‘not managers’.
- They need to understand that the plant is 15 years old at Penrith a
- The role is very demanding.
- They will be led by a Chief Engineer and an Assist Manager on site.
Maintenance Foreman – UK
The recruitment process of our Client is of prime importance and we aim to employ high calibre individuals to contribute to the growth, success and development of the Company. The recruitment procedures will at all times remain non-discriminatory, fair and consistent in line with current and applicable legislation. The Company currently has a vacancy for a Maintenance Foreman based at the Halifax manufacturing Plant in the UK. The incumbent must have experience in running a maintenance department which includes, the technical store, fitters’ electricians.
The Maintenance Forman is responsible and accountable for overseeing the full maintenance of the plant, having the skills and the ability to apply a holistic approach to achieve the required objectives of a plant that will run immaculately and continuous production of high-quality products. This role requires will for time to time long working hours in accordance with operational requirements.
- Proven experience 3-5 years in a similar position
- Flexible and willing to undertake all tasks as required
- Working knowledge of technical and peripheral devices
- Must be knowledgeable of health and safety compliance issues in the manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Grade 12
- Technical diploma/degree in some electrical fitter, millwright or mechatronics is essential
- Must have experience in drafting maintenance plans
- Knowledge and experience in preventative maintenance planning
- In understanding and applying technical jargon on heavy equipment/machines
- In leading a team of junior maintenance
- Advance knowledge and use of gearboxes, screws and technical equipment
- Understanding and the application of stock management of spares and tool boxes
- In Managing multiple on-site projects
- In the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the health and safety of the maintenance team
- Detailed orientated
- Negotiation and Leadership
- Planning and building
- Technical problem-solving abilities
- Strong technical skills
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- time management skills
- Be able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication
We are no longer accepting applications for this ad. Contact us for more details.