Western Cape: Brackenfell
One of our clients, a well-known Retailer in Brackenfell, currently has a vacancy for a Switchboard Operator.
To effectively manage the switchboard to ensure that calls are correctly and efficiently routed and messages delivered to the right staff without delay. Key performance areas will include switchboard management, reception, and accepting deliveries.
- Answer incoming calls from stakeholders including customers, suppliers, media, shareholders. Provide detailed and relevant information to the caller and transfer the call to the appropriate recipient.
- Relay messages to the relevant extensions within the organization
- Maintain and update the company’s phone directory and ensure switchboard systems work effectively at all times
- Conduct ad hoc administrative tasks
- Updating telephone lists where required, as well as logging technical support issues if needed.
- Occasionally receive visitors and deliveries.
- Responsible for the safety and tidiness of working areas.
- Complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Must have a Grade 12 qualification
- Office Management/MS Outlook Certificate or equivalent computer literacy qualification
- Must have 3 -5 years switchboard experience in a corporate company
- Basic knowledge of service options and departments
- Computer literacy (MS Office package and Google suite)
- Must have telephone and switchboard skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Active listening skills
- Time management skills
- Planning and organising
- Deciding and initiating action
If you are meet the minimum requirements, please forward your CV to us.
Should you not hear from us within two weeks after the closing date, please consider you application as unsuccessful.
Closing date: 22 January 2021We are no longer accepting applications for this ad. Contact us for more details.